Side step cards are fabulous display cards that can be made in a wonderful array of sizes and shapes depending on your needs. They are perfect for creating three dimensional scenes and can stand alone when open to show off all your hard work. Today I'm going to show you how to create a double side step card, which in this case means a panel on either side of the "steps". Alternatively, you could make your card with "steps" on either side of a central panel... it's up to you.
1. Start with a 12" x 6" piece of cardstock. Cut 3" from one end leaving a piece of cardstock that measures 9" x 6". Reserve the small piece you cut off.
2. Use the template below to mark, cut and score your 9" x 6" cardstock.
3. Fold along each of the score lines until you end up with "steps" in the centre of your card. Now you have your double side step card base ready to decorate.
4. The small piece of cardstock you removed in the first step fits perfectly onto the back "step" of the card and can be used to hold an image or sentiment.
5. I decorated my card with die cut trees and flowers on the front panels, a little white picket fence on the middle panel, and a sentiment on the back panel.
Photos and written instructions are copyright Beccy Muir. All rights reserved.