With just a couple of cuts and some clever folds, you have a wonderful Upright Diamond Fold card that is sure to impress the lucky recipient. The front panel can be decorated to suit the theme of your card, or you can go all out with embellishments throughout the entire thing. And, it folds completely flat for postage!
1. Place a 12" x 6" piece of card stock horizontally on your score board and score at 4" and 8". Fold along each score line.
2. Place the card stock horizontally on your desk. Measure from the top left hand edge and make a small pencil mark at 2" and 6". Repeat the same measurements along the bottom edge.
3. Score diagonally from the top 2" mark to the bottom 6" mark.
4. Score diagonally from the top 6" mark to the bottom 2" mark. Fold along both diagonal score lines.
5. Measure and mark the centre of the left hand edge, which will be 3" down from the top.
6. Use a trimmer or craft knife and ruler to cut from the top 2" mark to the centre mark you made in step 5, and again from the bottom 2" mark to the centre mark. Refer to the template above for the correct placement and measurements.
7. Now fold the card to reveal the diamond panel on the front.
8. To decorate, cut pieces of patterned paper to fit the different sections of the card. I have made them slightly smaller so I end up with a narrow white border around each section. Adhere the paper in place with glue or double sided tape. If you prefer, you can stamp a pattern or apply inks and paints to decorate.
9. Don't forget to add a strip to the front section, which is only visible when the card is closed.
10. Decorate with an image, a sentiment and whatever embellishments you desire. Have fun!