There are a couple of ways to achieve beautiful white flowers on your cards. For this project, I stamped the image onto some gorgeous purple card stock with black ink, which is pretty much invisible once the image is coloured. Then I used white pencil to colour, remembering to apply more pressure to the lighter areas of the flowers where the highlights would normally occur. Shadows are formed by allowing the dark background colour to show through.
Calla lilies come in a spectacular range of beautiful colours and have been a perennial favourite for weddings, funerals and other significant occasions. This new set features two lily images as well as a mix of sentiments for sympathy cards, wedding and anniversary cards, thank you's or just to let someone know you're thinking of them.
I've had this fabulous piece of patterned paper in my stash for quite a while, waiting for just the right character to come along. Enter this little owl with his crazy eyebrows and piercing green eyes... seems a perfect fit to me!
Five quirky images and six sassy sentiments make this the perfect set to create fabulous cards for fun-loving friends and family. All our digital sets come complete with black and white line drawings as well as full-colour images... very handy for when you're in a hurry!
I have a fantastic card to share with you today, and it's one of my favourite kinds, with lots of bang for your buck! The card is basically a concertina with different heights for the different sections, and it can stand open to display the centre panels. With lots of surface area for sentiments and signatures, it's perfect for group gatherings and big parties... and it's pretty simple to make.
1. To make the base of the card you'll need one piece of card stock measuring 31/2" wide x 41/2" tall, one piece measuring 71/2" x 5" and one piece measuring 4" x 51/2".
2. Place the 31/2" x 41/2" piece of card stock vertically on your score board and score at 3". This will leave you with a 1/2" tab down the right hand side. Fold along the score line.
3. Place the 71/2" x 5" piece of card stock horizontally on your score board. Double check that it is horizontal (long sides at top and bottom) before you score. Score at 31/2" and again at 7". Fold along the score lines.
4. Apply glue or double sided tape along the 1/2" tab you created on the 31/2" x 41/2" piece of card stock, leaving the score line clear of adhesive.
5. Secure the 31/2" x 41/2" piece of card stock on the back, left side of the 71/2" x 5" piece of card stock, keeping the bottom edges flush.
6. Now we're going to repeat the process by adhering the 71/2" x 5" piece of card stock to the back, left side of the 4" x 51/2" piece of card stock to form one long card base. Apply glue or double sided tape on the 1/2" tab and secure.
7. Your card base should look like the photo below...
...and when folded:
8. To decorate, cut coordinating card stock and patterned paper to fit each section. You'll need two panels for the front of the card, two for the centre and one for the back. Add stamps or embellishments as desired, remembering to keep anything bulky at the front so that your card will fold flat.
9. Secure the panels in place with double sided tape or glue... and you're done!
I've mentioned my Mum-in-law's amazing talent for growing fruit and vegetables, flowers and plants many times over the years. She's a master gardener who spends a lot of her time working in a wonderful community garden that donates all of it's produce to folks who need a little help to make ends meet.
Recently, she and one of her co-workers, were presented with a "Be The Change" award for all their hard work, and had Fox 12 come out to the garden to film and present their certificates. We're all extremely proud of what she's done and continues to do for her community... Well done Mom!
Our new August range of clear and digital stamps are in store now and available for purchase. We have a virtual flower shop this month with a new clear stamp set featuring beautiful arum lilies as well as two digital releases that are sure to satisfy your green thumb. Not in to flowers? No worries... we also have a cute set of little owls to help celebrate all those fun occasions!
August is a great time to stock up on all your favourite digital stamp sets. All month we're offering a fabulous deal - purchase three digital stamp sets and get a fourth one of equal or lesser value for free!
The offer is applied to all items in your cart, so if you buy 6 digital stamp sets you'll receive 2 of equal or lesser value for free. Buy 9, receive 3... and so on!
Offer available until the 31st of August 2018 AEST. Sorry, no rainchecks.
Create a card or paper-craft project using any Beccy's Place image, upload a photo of it to your blog or other hosted site, and submit a direct link below. The challenge runs from now until midnight on the 31st of August 2018 (AEST).
To keep things interesting, I'll be adding an additional optional element to some of the monthly challenges. This month we're going to have an embellishment challenge - ADD SOME LACE. You can use paper lace, crocheted lace, adhesive lace, cotton lace, vintage lace, a lacy doily or punch... whatever you like. As always, keep in mind that the additional challenge is just an optional extra!
PLEASE READ THE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
BEFORE ENTERING THE CHALLENGE
Your project must be created during the month of August 2018 and entered into the challenge during the active challenge period. Due to an automated system, late entries cannot be accepted.
Each month I will include a re-mastered digital image from my library of freebies as well as a bonus challenge, such as a card sketch, bingo grid, etc. You DO NOT have to use the image or bonus challenge on your project, but you MUST use a Beccy's Place image, either free or purchased, to be eligible for prizes.
You can enter as many times as you like and you can submit your card to any other challenge you wish.
At the end of the month three winners will be randomly chosen to receive a $20.00AU store credit for any digital stamps at Beccy's Place.
To redeem the store credit, winners must have a Beccy's Place customer account. (Please note, you do not need an account to enter the challenge. It is acceptable to create an account in the event that you win. Accounts can be closed at any time.)
Store credit won during any Beccy's Place challenge is only redeemable for digital stamps.
Entries can be uploaded to the challenge from any hosted site including blogs, online galleries, Google photos, etc. If you do not have access to a hosted site, please feel free to email your photos to me and I will add them from the Beccy's Place Guest blog.
Beccy's Place designers may enter the monthly challenge but are not eligible to win prizes.