Dutch Fold Cards are super easy to make... always my favourite kind of card fold... and have the added bonus of being able to stand up for display. They can be decorated in lots of different ways, and because they have several small sections you can even use up some of those scraps of patterned paper you've been saving!
1. To create a 6" x 4" card, you will need one piece of cardstock measuring 10" x 37/8" and another piece measuring 8" x 2".
NOTE: The strange measurement for the long piece of cardstock allows for the smaller piece to be folded around easily.
2. Place the larger piece of cardstock horizontally on your score board and score at 4". Place the smaller piece of cardstock horizontally on your score board and score at 2" and 6". Fold along the score lines as shown in the photo below.
3. Add adhesive between the two score lines on the smaller piece of cardstock.
4. Matching the bottom edges, adhere the larger piece of cardstock between the score lines of the smaller piece. You have now made your basic Dutch Fold Card.
5. To decorate, add some patterned paper and a stamped sentiment to each of the front panels.
6. Create a layered focal image and adhere it to the large, top flap only. The extra weight will help to hold the card closed.
Image: Raspberry House digital image
Sentiment: from Spunky With Flowers Set
Photos and written instructions are copyright Beccy Muir 2014