I created the base of this over the edge card with a QuicKutz nesting die. The largest in the set cuts a shape that is close to 6" long - perfect for shaped cards. I scored horizontally along the length and folded it in half to form the base, then secured the die cut circles over the card edge.
The July Challenge is now up and running! Create a card or paper craft project using any Beccy's Place image and upload your creation before midnight on the 31st of July (AEST). Click here for all the details on how to enter.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Today I'm going to show you a nice easy way to create a one piece Cascade card. The other method of creating a Cascade card uses two pieces of cardstock and is a little more complicated, you can find a tutorial for it here.
1. You will need one piece of cardstock measuring 6" x 12".
2. Starting from the left hand side, and with the cardstock in a landscape orientation (longways), score at 2", 4", 8" and 10". Then fold in the following manner: mountain, valley, valley, mountain.
3. Measure and mark 2" down from the top left hand corner of your card. Draw a line from the mark you just made to top of the 4" score line. Now repeat on the right hand side - measure and mark 2" down from the top right hand corner of your card, then draw a line between the mark and the top of the 8" score line.
4. Use a trimmer or a craft knife and ruler to cut along the lines. (Keep the triangular off cuts to use as templates for decorating your card.)
5. Fold up your card and crease each fold firmly.
6. To decorate, use a piece of patterned paper measuring 53/4"x 33/4" for the inside of the card and four 13/4" strips of patterned paper to decorate the panels. Take note of how the card folds as not everything that is visible when the card is folded is actually on the front. (Use the triangular off cuts to get the correct angle on your patterned paper.)
7. Secure a sentiment or image panel on one side of the front opening and your card is done!
Images and written instructions are copyright Beccy Muir 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Stanley is off on a seaside holiday this month!
This set includes two black and white line drawings, three sentiments, plus full colour images for quick card making.
Two cards from Joyce
Saturday, July 19, 2014
There's been plenty of chilly winter weather here lately - even a couple of frosty mornings where the grass crunches underfoot and the birdbath gets a thin layer of ice. Although our winters are mild in comparison to most others I still long for warm days and pretty spring flowers. But for now I'll just have to settle for bright patterned papers and lovely floral stamps... as well as my heater cranked up to surface of the sun temperatures!
Stamps: SU and Flourishes
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Jill Jacobsen from Shared Inspiration created this gorgeous card using my newly released Beautiful Friendship Set. Jill has her own, brand new digi store with several cute designs. Take some time to visit her blog and see what other wonderful creations Jill makes.
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
This set is dedicated to all the wonderful friends out there... those who listen, those who care and those who are always up for a good laugh and a hot cuppa!
Saturday, July 12, 2014
I've spent the past couple of days updating all my logos with a new colour-scheme and nice fresh images. Sadly, this means that the link buttons that a lot of you have on your blogs will no longer work, but I've made a nice new one and my ultra-clever hubby has written some code so you too can update the link. You'll find the new code in the left hand column of my blog. Alternatively, you could simply save the new blog button to your computer and make a link of your own.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Kitties with attitude!
This set is perfect for creating fun cards to send to family and friends who enjoy a good laugh! The sentiments are sassy and fun and can be mixed and matched to any of the cat images for the perfect card.
Three cards from Kati
Sunday, July 6, 2014
I've had this image coloured for quite a while now but couldn't figure out exactly how I wanted to use it. The colours in the image are bold and strong but every time I teamed it up with similar paper I just wasn't happy with the outcome. So I decided to go completely the other way and use nice soft, vintage looking papers, which I think worked rather well.
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
I have quite a mixed bag of digital stamps going in to the store this month, so hopefully there's something for everyone. The Cattitude Set is perfect to create fun cards for friends and family who enjoy a good laugh. They're easy to colour and cut out and come with some sassy sayings that you can mix and match with the images. Beautiful Friendship is a floral set dedicated to friendship, while Summer Stanley has my favourite little bear off on a warm summer holiday.
All sets come with both black and white line drawings as well as full colour versions for quick card-making or to use as a colouring guide.
Beautiful Friendship Set
Summer Stanley Set
Congratulations to Ursula, Teresa and Rita!
You are the randomly chosen winners of the June challenge.