Wednesday, April 22

Day Twenty-Two


INSERTS
The majority of the hand-made cards I create contain a paper insert on which I generally stamp a sentiment and write a personal message. I make these inserts from printer paper, folded and cut to be slightly smaller than the outer card. Since I tend to create only two or three different sized cards, it's not difficult to create these inserts in bulk... though it is tedious. Having a stash of prepared inserts saves me a considerable amount of time and frustration when I'm crafting.

If you also like to add paper inserts to your hand-made cards, then today's the day to sit down, drag out your trimmer and go to work making bulk inserts for all the fabulous creations you intend to construct later in the year.

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

What a good idea Beccy. I always add inserts to my cards. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great idea, must do that when mojo escapes, which is often. Thank you
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

terrie said...

I usually do add the paper insert inside my card but I only do it when I mail out a card but great idea to do a bunch of them and have them ready...thanks for the tip.

Donna said...

I do sometimes stamp a message on my insert but more often I use a digital sentiment. So I'm going to add printing the digital sentiments and then cutting the inserts. Thanks for the idea!

Crafting with Darcy said...

This is a great idea and one that I am going to be starting!