Wednesday, April 8

Day Eight


WITHIN REACH
(A basic kit at your fingertips...)
A good work space is an efficient work space, so let's spend some time setting things up. Each person will have a different idea of what works best for them, so read all the tips and then decide for yourself how you like things arranged.


Personally, I like to have all the things you'd find in a basic kit at my fingertips. Again, what constitutes a basic kit varies from person to person, but I consider it to be comprised of the following items:
  1. Something that cuts
  2. Something that adheres
  3. Something that writes
  4. Something that grabs/holds
  5. Something that measures


When I sit in my work space, I have basic items within easy reach, including scissors, trimmers, glue, pens, tape runners, markers, clips, tweezers and rulers. These are the basic things I use for almost every project I create. In addition, I have bone folders, pencils, markers, a heat gun, ink pads that I use regularly, small embellishments, scrap paper, and a basket of stamps close by.


The remainder of my collection is in boxes and drawers around the room. Items that I don't use as often, such as different coloured stamp pads, re-inkers, chipboard, 12 x 12 card and paper, ribbons, twine, flowers, etc. It's really a matter of personal preference.

There are lots of different ways to store the items you use in your workspace too. I have chosen an ecclectic mix of furniture that I have collected, replaced and refined over the years - shelves from Ikea, baskets from craft fairs, organisation boxes from office supply stores, online shops and bargain centres. It's about finding what works for you.

No comments: