Friday, April 10

Day Ten


COLOUR CHARTS
(pencils and markers)
Keeping colour charts for your pencils and markers is a handy way to choose colours for your projects. When I'm selecting colours, I place the patterned paper I want to use next to the colour chart so I can see what colours co-ordinate and contrast. The colour chart, printed on the appropriate paper (e.g.: blending card for alcohol markers) and coloured with the actual pen or pencil, gives you a much more accurate indication of what your going to get. Sometimes the colour swatches on pre-coloured charts or even on the lid of the pen, don't show the colour you end up with.

Aside from being handy for colouring projects, colour charts also give you a visual record of what you own, making inventory keeping a lot easier.


Below are the two charts that I use for my markers and coloured pencils. To find more, head over to Google and search for "blank colour charts" for whatever medium you want. For example, if I wanted a colour chart for Tombow markers, I'd search for "Tombow markers blank colour charts". Pinterest has LOTS of colour charts for various mediums, so that might also be a good place to search.



3 comments:

Lori m said...

Fantastic idea...I only own a handful of markers and colored pencils so this part of my organizing will be easy, hugs, Lori m

Suzana said...

You are amazing with all these details. I love your ideas.
But for the moment I'm stuck in a lack of space dedicated to my work.
I have to think deeper! :)
Thank you, Beccy! I hope you are well and safe! Wishing you a Happy Easter with your family.

terrie said...

What a great idea.....I heard that colored pencil top is slightly different than coloring on paper.
Thanks for the tip.