Monday, April 13

Day Thirteen


SCRAPS AND OFF CUTS
I realise that for some, sorting and organising your paper scraps and off cuts will be a daunting experience. They seem to accumulate so quickly and before you know it, the drawer, box or basket is completely full to overflowing!

Today we're going to sift through the scraps we've kept and make some hard decisions about what's useful and what needs to move on. Generally, unless you produce a LOT of punch shapes, keeping scraps that are less than about 3" in size is pointless (your most favourite papers are excluded from this suggestion, of course 😉). Kindergartens, schools and retirement homes are always very grateful of craft materials, so consider donating what you don't need.

One of the best changes I made to the way I keep my scraps, is to store them in their original packets or books. I used to have a drawer full of off cuts, which I rarely used since it was irritating to search through everything. Now I return scraps back to the original packet to be kept with the full sheets so that when I go looking for something in particular, I can decide if I need a full sheet or just a scrap.


TIP: When you place scraps back inside books of paper, store the book upside down or laying flat so the scraps don't fall out when you pick up the book.

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy I have some of my scraps sorted into colours and those are the ones that get used the most. Scraps is one of those things that I struggle with. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Wow Beccy, it's just what I do, yippee I'm doing something sensible!
Keep well and safe
Faith x