Thursday, April 23

Day Twenty-Three


CUTTING DIES
You know the drill... sort, decide, organise, store!
Get your dies sorted into categories, such as basic shapes, borders, Christmas, words, swirls, etc. Decide what you're keeping, what you're selling and what you're donating, keeping in mind that there are only so many circle dies one person needs. Next is to organise your cutting dies in a way that works best for you.


Over the years I've tried various storage ideas, including folders, packets and zip pouches. These days all my dies are stored on magnetic sheets, labelled with the set name and manufacturer and kept within reach in a drawer on my desk.

4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Oh Beccy this is just so organised. I do keep my dies organised by manufacturer. That works better for me than by theme. Take care. Hugs Jackie

karin said...

Just like you Beccy, I tried several ways to organize them. Now they are in (old ) CD boxes and it's for me now the best way to not loose especially the tiny dies anymore.

Take care
Karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I have "sort of" organised my dies, I bought a couple of mdf storage die boxes, they stand up and hold a lot of my dies on magnetic sheets, so easy for me to pull in and out of the box at arms length from me while working.
Thank you for your great tips.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Lori m said...

Mine are in a small tote, I have very few as most of mine are cut on my Cricut right now, your organizing is amazing, hugs, Lori m