Friday, April 3

Day Three


CLEAN YOUR TOOLS
A lot of gunk builds up on our scissors, blades and work surfaces over time. Just think of all the adhesives, sprays, inks and mediums we used to complete our projects, not to mention good old dust and dirt. A regular clean not only ensures that our projects stay nice and tidy, but also helps with the longevity and function of tools.

Although a weekly wipe over or dust is generally enough to keep things tidy, I suggest at least a six monthly deep clean with an alcohol based cleaner for more stubborn stains and build up. The alcohol will dissolve adhesive and most paints and is pretty good for de-gunking scissors as well. Don't forget your cutting mats and desk surface... but do test solvents and cleaners in an inconspicuous place if you have a surface that may be sensitive to chemicals.

6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wish you could come and clean my tables. lol x

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy I must start cleaning up like you. Thank you for the inspiration. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovin@ your tips, thanks
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

terrie said...

O always lean my mat that I work on there nothing most frustrating than having the back of your card with leftover stain from the mat....thanks for sharing.

Crafting with Darcy said...

I always clean my stamps but Oh, boy! I don't clean my tools or mats until they are pretty bad! I know what I'll be doing today!! LOL

Donna said...

This is something I need to do for sure. Thanks for the reminder.