Tuesday, November 7

Day 7 - "F"

I'm using the fruit image from the Sweet Christmas set for today's letter prompt. I coloured the pears using alcohol markers and a comic-book-style colouring technique where the different shades are not blended together leaving an obvious gradation.


YOUR TURN: Create a card using the letter "F" as your prompt.
Click on the link below to add your creation to the challenge:

INSPIRATION WORDS:
Family, father Christmas, Feliz Navidad, feast, fir tree, frankincense, Frosty the snowman, fireplace, fruitcake, figgy pudding, festive, freebie, fussy cutting, fancy folds, flip flop card, fluorescent, fuchsia, French blue

Digital Stamps:

12 comments:

Pamela Duncan said...

Love the shape card today Becky. Have to say I've never heard of a 'comic book style' coloring but do see what you have done. Quite interesting. I'll have to try that out sometime. Thanks for the inspiration!

Elle-Jeanne said...

Ach kijk eens de verliefde peertjes onder de marentak.
Zou er ook gekust worden?

Margreet said...

In the first instance I thought your pears were a joke with a bow. But then I remembered my mom always made stewed pears for Christmas. I will ask her the recipe tomorrow.
Your coloring is wonderful as is the shape of the card. Love the golden border.
xxx Margreet

Sarah Warren said...

This is such a cut card Beccy. I love to eat pears. I want them right off the tree though not in a can or anything like that.

Liz said...

Great card, beautiful image and I love the shape. xx

Donna said...

What a fun shaped card! I have always found shaped cards to be challenge. This might be my style of coloring as I have always had problems getting smooth transitions between colors. Lovely card!

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS card Beccy!

Your Fruit has combined perfectly with the golden Foil cardstock and Fancy shape!

PS - your colouring style looks great too, you may call it comic-book-style but it sure looks Fancy to me ... another technique added to my Technique-To-Try list :)

Suze said...

Amazing how different the image looks with a different style of colouring.
I have to agree with Sarah's comment - I like them fresh off the tree - not a fan of canned pears.

Lori m said...

Now that's a Pair, lol, gorgeous Pear card, hugs, Lori m

Suzanne H said...

That's an interesting technique. Makes the image jump off the page. Lovely work.

Mel C said...

Love your coloring, just pear-fect!

Gina said...

Oh what tasty looking pears. I wonna take a bite ! How beautiful you have coloured them! Creative regards, Gina