Saturday, November 18

Day 18 - "P"

I created a printed background for my holly with one of the sentiments from the Holly Days set of digital stamps. Since the holly is a png file, I was able to layer it directly on top of the words before printing in a single layer. After colouring the holly, I added a shadow with grey marker to the right and bottom side of the image, which is what gives it that 3D appearance.


YOUR TURN: Create a card or papercraft project using the letter "P" as your prompt.
Click on the link below to add a photo of your creation to the challenge:

INSPIRATION WORDS:
pudding, partridge, pears, presents, pine, pop-up cards, pyramid card, pocket card, pastels, purple, plum, paint, paper piecing, pleating, parchment, pearls, pencils, petals, photos, plaid

Digital Stamps:


14 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty the holly is lovely against the printed background

Linda Dicks said...

Oh Beccy, another great idea 💡. You never cease to amaze me. You take a simple Holly leaf and turn it into a spectacular card. Another idea I will be using. Thanks

Sarah Warren said...

Beccy, this card is beautiful. I love how you did the printed background. Something I am going to have to try.

Suzanne H said...

I'm learning more about using digis every day. This is a great tip!

Donna said...

Lovely card! That holly looks so real! Would love to know how you created the background but I might be able to figure it out, I'm not always too computer savvy. LOL! All those layers make it all pop!.

TracyM #6773 said...

P is for PERFECTION!!!

L O V E everything about your BEAUTIFUL card Beccy!

... it combines two of my two loves, colouring and digital AND I'm feeling INSPIRED, can't wait to give this a go - THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing :)

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Beccy. I love the effect of the text background. xx

Mel C said...

Wonderful how you used the gray marker, so pretty!

Margreet said...

Love the printed background with the Holly leaf on top, which is fab coloured.

Megan J said...

Hi Beccy, what a superb way to create a background for your card, love the black, gold and red with the bright green leaves. Hoping to play along tomorrow. Megan

Swissie said...

Among all the wonderful inspiration words, my favorite P for Christmas time is missing: Poinsettia. I used that one.

Colinda said...

Your card is so pretty , gotta give this a try sometimes! It really looks like you've gleud the holy on the background and that beautiful bow gives it a final touch!

Marianne said...

Love this, Beccy. The grey shadow is creating so much depth, the image seems to pop off the page. And such a great idea to create the print background. Thanks for the inspiration, as always.
Marianne

terrie said...

Your holly card turned out awesome...the printed background is perfect for this card...thanks for sharing it Beccy.