Wednesday, November 1

Day 1 - "A"

For the first day of our challenge we're going to start at the very beginning... a very good place to start. You can use any "A" word as inspiration for your project, from techniques to card folds, colours to holiday icons. I went with "A" for alcohol ink, which I've used to create the mottled paper, colour the image and also tint the ribbon to the right shade of green.

At the bottom of my post I've included some Inspiration Words to help get those creative juices flowing. I'll do my best to brainstorm a list of words for you each day, and when I say "brainstorm", I actually mean surf the net!


Your Turn: Create a holiday themed card using the letter "A" as your prompt.
Click on the link to add a photo of your creation:


INSPIRATION WORDS:
Angel, accordion cards, a-frame cards, altered, aperture, A2, acetate, acrylic, alcohol ink, aqua, alabaster, almonds, apricots, apples, amethyst, antique, Arctic.



14 comments:

Marianne said...

A great way to use your alcohol inks/markers.

Teresa said...

Putting my thinking cap on! First thing that popped into my mind was an angel---will see.

Liz said...

Great card, perhaps the little pig is smiling because he's glad he's not a turkey! xx

Gail said...

Oh my goodness - Oink, Oink, Oink, hey their little piggy - Ho, Ho, Ho - fabulous creation!

Sarah said...

Very cute card and absolutely love the pig. Sarah W

Margreet said...

That piggy is just too sweet! Love the shape and beautiful bow!
xxx Margreet

karin said...

LOL ! So great that piggy in Christmas Style ! A great start of your November Challenge Beccy !
Karin.

Swissie said...

So cute!
I have a question: Do we have to post the A-card today, or can we use the same letter on another day and write that it should be for this date? You see, Beccy, I don't think I manage to create all my A's today! Here in Europe we start later with a new day, you know, so we have less time than Down Under! (LOL)
Cheers, Liv

Donna said...

What a great way to start the challenge. I love the little piggy. He wouldn't usually mean Christmas to me but he fits so perfectly with this design. I love the theme this year with the alphabet. Thanks for the inspiration and all the fun that November will bring!

Sandra H said...

Oooh such a sweet image Beccy your card is beautiful x

pst said...

I would have never thought of using this image and these colors for a Christmas card, but it works with the sentiment!
Hugs, Petra

Debi said...

I'm Admiring the bow Attached to this Adorable Animal card.
Amazing layout, too. Absolutely perfect for a season when we all pig out.
Hugs, Debi

Beccy said...

Hi Liv. You can enter your cards at any time during the month, you don't have to keep up with the daily post. The idea is simply to build up your stash of holiday cards in a fun way... you shouldn't be feeling any stress over the challenge. Just have fun!
Cheers,
Beccy

Fikreta said...

so sweet!