Sunday, November 29

Day 29 - Something New

Out with the old and in with the new!
Today I want you to use the newest item you have in your stash.  It might be a nice new stamp, new paper, a wonderful embossing folder or some fabulous new pencils.  Your item doesn't have to be new on the market (and no, you can't tell your significant other that I'm forcing you to go shopping!), it just has to be new to you.
 
At my stamping club we recently had a visit from Michelle's Stamps and Cards and I couldn't resist purchasing the Scribbly Christmas set.  I used one of the trees and one of the fabulous sentiments to create my card. 
 
 
YOUR TURN: Create a card using something new.
Upload your creation HERE.

10 comments:

Marianne said...

Ha, I guess we both know which stamp I need to use on my next card!
Love your scribbly tree.

Mel C said...

Nice card, I love tree stamps! That's a neat way to put color just in the center to draw your eye there.

Teresa said...

Pretty.

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is another pretty card Beccy! Although I haven't been playing along all month, I am enjoying your gorgeous holiday creations! Such amazing inspiration! Thank you

Suze said...

How did you know I had just purchased something new? My daughter dragged me into Spotlight today - and I found a bag of Christmas ribbons including yellow ones! I guess I'll be using those!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an inspiring card Beccy.
Blessings
Maxine

Dorothy S said...

So pretty - I really like the "lighting" on the card that really highlights the tree.
Thank you so much, Beccy, for the time you take for thoughtful comments and answering questions.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! I love the scribbly tree. And the color combination is beautiful even with the nontraditional color combination. And the stripe affect you used is really striking too. A well thought out card. Thanks for your month of Christmas card inspiration. After my grandson's funeral this week I have to get back on track.

terrie said...

Great looking card....I like how you made the panel in the center of your card...
What an impact where the light is around and above the tree...well done Beccy

Connie Walsh said...

Guess what, my newest addition to my craft arsenal was the nativity set from you. I am going to ignore the brads that I got last week because I really really wanted to do a card with the nativity. It was so fun to work with. If you make a file of angels that go with the nativity I will buy it. Just letting you know. Not hinting at all. Nope, no hints here.