Sunday, November 1

Day 1 - Coloured Pencils

Let's begin with one of the most well known colouring mediums - coloured pencils.
Most of us would have very early memories of using coloured pencils at home and in the classroom.  We used them for our art work, for colouring maps and for delineating sections of pie charts and graphs.  My green pencil would always be worn away first, right down to a little nub by the end of the school year... I sure must have coloured a LOT of trees!
These days we are able to purchase the most beautiful, creamy pencils for our card making and art work, and a high quality set really is worth the investment.  They last a long time and can bring countless hours of creative pleasure.
 
 
YOUR TURN:  Create a card using coloured pencils.
Upload your creation HERE.
 

14 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card Beccy. Your colouring makes the image pop, love it.

Fikreta said...

very pretty

Suze said...

I don't use my colouring pencils much - so thank you for inspiring me to get them out. Love the layout of your card Beccy.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, beautiful image, beautifully inspiring post!

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome card Beccy, Love using my colouring pencils and seem to be using them more so now days....great inspiration from childhood days.x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous colouring with the pencils - I love the shading. Coloured pencils are my go-to colouring medium. Until I read your post, I forgot that I used coloured pencils way back in school. I remember it now... we used Laurentian brand and I believe I still have some of those stubby pencils in my stash!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Beccy. Thank you for running the 30 days of holiday cards again this year. Best wishes

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow you really have rocked those pencils on this stunning card Beccy
Blessings
Maxine

crafty said...

This is beautiful. I cannot believe that it is coloured using pencils.

Marianne said...

Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured, Beccy. It so happens that I have my sets of coloured pencils in front of me on the dining table. I have been using them a few times this year and I feel I have a little more control when using them to colour my images. They also look wonderful on kraft.

karin said...

Love colouring, music on the background, it's a great way to relax. The card is great Beccy, as all your creations and images.
Karin.

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card x

Petra-loves-paper said...

wow! wonderful colouring!!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card and wonderful colouring, Kate x