Wednesday, May 12

Hot Tip Tuesday

 
Reducing Your Stash I
Stash Diving
Over-accumulation is a common thread in chat rooms and blogs and seems to afflict the majority of paper crafters - and no doubt many other creative people too. We certainly love our "stuff" and often over-indulge to the detriment of our storage, organisation and wallets. Today I want to share a really simple and fun tip for helping to work through some of your items... it's a process I call "stash diving"!

Reach in to one of your many boxes or bags and draw something out. Your challenge is to use as much of the item as you can on your next project (or maybe multiple projects depending on how much you have!) Although it won't make a huge dent in your stash, it will definitely get you started.

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy this is such a good idea. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Paperesse said...

Yep, I think this is something we can all relate to.

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOL this is literally what I often do. Good to know it has a name and what a great choice for me since I call my stuff The Black Hole of Stash, Stash Diving fits well! heehee xoxo

Lori m said...

Love all the tips you share Beccy, this is yet another great idea, hugs, Lori m

Donna Ellis said...

Great idea, Beccy, and I have been doing just that this past year. Not only is it a great way of "purging the stash", but it is FUN! huggers, de

Crafting Queen said...

Great idea, first I need to make space to get to things. lol