Thursday, February 6

Layering

This image lends itself well to paper piecing and layering, which gives a 3D-look to the finished project. I started by printing the coloured version of the image three times at the same size - one for the base card and the other two for layering. I fussy cut the blanket and head of the donkey, including the ears, and adhered it to the base image with foam tape. For the last layer I only cut around the face of the donkey, and again adhered it with foam tape.


Stamps:

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy this is a stunning card. I love the way you have used the image. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lori m said...

Beccy this is so pretty, love the 3D look, hugs, Lori m

terrie said...

Great looking card and the 3-D effect of the image is awesome...tfs

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this and just this week got this set but I have not had time to play. But I sure love the layering idea you used for making cute and fun card designs.

Teresa said...

Great card and neat idea.