Saturday, February 8

Blue Blossoms

Monochromatic colouring is a great way to practice adding shadows and highlights to add shape to an image. Not worrying about the true colours of objects and just sitting and using a favourite colour is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon... plus you can end up with some great results!


I stamped a selection of flowers from the Cherry Blossom set onto blending card and coloured them with alcohol markers. I wanted a monochromatic look and decided that a nice calming blue would be a lovely change.


I used the matching dies to cut out the various flowers and then built my card up in sections. Some of the flowers I adhered directly to the card base so they were flat, while others were built up with a layer or two of foam tape to vary the heights and give more depth to the image.


Stamps and Dies:
    


16 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy your cards is gorgeous. Those blossoms look stunning in blue. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card, love the blue.x

Bunny said...

I love monochromatic and these blues are lovely. [Bunny]

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card Beccy, do love this image and your colouring is wonderful.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful in the blue.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh so pretty, Beccy, I could just sit and gaze at this forever. xoxo

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful and so pretty!
I love the flowers...
Ilse (thera)

Dorothy S said...

What gorgeous coloring wth the outstanding shading.

Donna Ellis said...

Beccy, this is SO GORGEOUS! I am partial to monochrome creations, and have one using these colors publishing next Saturday. Thank you, always, Beccy, for your inspiration and very kind, generous sharing of techniques. This layered card with popped up flowers is especially lovely! hugs, de

terrie said...

Beautiful monochrome flower card...thank you so much for sharing these tips...well done as always.

Lori m said...

Stunning monochrome card, gorgeous colors and coloring, hugs, Lori m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning and beautiful card Beccy.
Faith x

Teresa said...

Pretty!

Daisychain said...

So, so beautiful! I love the shades of blue you have used for your gorgeous card. Christine x

Colinda said...

I agree with the sentiment, simple wonderful!!!

Colinda said...

of course I mean simplY wonderful