Sunday, February 9

Enjoy Your Day

Colouring on kraft card stock is another one of my favourite techniques. I love the contrast between the kraft background, with its earthy tones, and the lovely whites and pinks of delicate flowers. I've included a stippled background on this creation, which gives a kind of shadowy depth to the scene.


Since I was after a no-line look, I stamped the images in light brown ink. Once the colours go on over the top, the lines virtually disappear leaving an image that looks as though it's been painted or drawn rather than stamped.


I used a selection of warm grey alcohol markers to stipple the background, keeping the darkest colours close to the image and working outward from there.


After the entire background is complete, I colour the flowers and leaves with Prismacolor pencils. Using the pencil second allows me to tidy up any areas where I may have stippled a little over the lines. Since pencil sits on top of the card, rather than soaking in, it does a great job of hiding little mistakes.


Stamps:
  

10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy this is stunning I love it. Your colouring is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Daisychain said...

Another stunning card. Thank you so much for the colouring tips. Christine x

Bunny said...

Lovely coloring. It looks like the flowers are popping off the page when you lay down the background grays. Beautiful. [Bunny]

Lori m said...

Gorgeous flowers and card, just gorgeous, hugs, Lori m

aussie aNNie said...

Delightful to open up the computer to face this gorgeous card, great colouring.xx

Colinda said...

Wow Beccy, this is amazing coloring!!!
It looks like a real branch that is laying on top of the craft paper!!
Enjoy your sunday!!

Teresa said...

Very pretty. I really like how the stippling behind sets it off!

Donna Ellis said...

I always enjoy your incredible coloring skills, Beccy, and this one is even more vibrant against the kraft CS. Thanks so much for the tutorial! xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and the colors are so perfectly placed. I love how it looks so amazing on the kraft.

terrie said...

The card turned out awesome and those pretty flowers just come alive.....I always wanted to try this technique...thanks Beccy for sharing it.