Sunday, January 19

Stash Diving

I'm not going to name names, but I happen to know a good many folks who have a huge stash of mediums (not to mention all the other paper craft goodies) that are gathering dust in craft rooms and studio corners all around the globe. It seems we're all guilty of the same thing! I thought it was about time to dive into my own stash of products to rediscover some old favourites, and today it's Flower Soft!


I started by colouring the bonus image from the Little Donkey set with alcohol markers. Since I wanted to make an entire scene, I also added some lush grass and a beautiful blue sky.


Once the colouring was complete, I thought about where I wanted to add my Flower Soft. If I were ever called upon to decorate a donkey, which seems highly unlikely, I would add wreaths of flowers around her head and each of her feet. Therefore, that's where I concentrated my Flower Soft efforts.


Add lots of good glue in the area you want to decorate and then cover it with lots of Flower Soft. I used my finger to press as much of the medium as I could into the glue then let it sit to dry for an hour or so.


I tipped the excess Flower Soft back into the pot for reuse and gave the image a brush over to remove any loose fibres. The result is a fabulous, decorated donkey ready to add to a card!



Stamps:


16 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, this is stunning.

Teresa said...

Really cute! Love it on the donkey!

ike said...

OMGoodness - how adorable. Fabulous colouring :-D x

Colinda said...

Beautiful!! Love the clouds in your sky background!!
Enjoy your sunday!!

Dorothy S said...

What a cute donkey!
Shame on you for peeking into my craft room...LOL! My goal for the year is to use a bit of that stash.

V. K. said...

Love the little donkey and the scene you built. Never heard of Flower Soft, but Love what you did with it. Cute card.

Lori m said...

Beautiful, so realistic and adorable...loving the added flower soft, it added a nice dimensional layer to your card. Hugs, Lori m

Bunny said...

This is cute. I just sold off my flower soft because I quit using it and I knew someone out there still loved it and would appreciate it. I only had one color..........white. I used it for snow. [Bunny]

terrie said...

Well done Beccy, I love the added flower soft....yes I have some in my stash but I only used it once.
Time to take it out again...tfs

Verna Angerhofer said...

This card is so cute and I love the flower soft addition to the scene.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very beautiful and inspiring.
Faith x

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy this is stunning. I love how you have used the Flowersoft. I must admit I have some of that hanging around. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is really cute, Beccy! I'm sure I have some Flower Soft in my old stash too - I love how it looks on this cute donkey! Your colouring looks amazing and I love how you did the sky and grass, so impressive!

Suzana said...

Lovely ideas and images, Beccy!
Thank you for the ideas!
Have a beautiful week!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous Beccy just love this and your idea of using flower soft which I have a huge stash of...xx

aussie aNNie said...

Well couldn't resist this guy just had to buy him and do the flower soft.xx