Wednesday, January 8

Sparkly Laminated Fish


One of the great advantages of digital stamps is that you can resize, flip and skew them, which is exactly what I needed for an upcoming project. I started by recolouring the line drawings to a very light shade of grey for a "no-line colouring" look. I then copied each image and flipped it so I'd have each of the three fish along with their mirror image.


I coloured each image, and it's mirror, added a sparkly layer of Wink of Stella and then glued each pair together. The trick for getting them to line up is to hold them in front of a bright light, such as a desk lamp or a light box if you have one. Using tacky glue will allow you to manoeuvre the card before it dries.


I fussy cut around each fish and then sealed them in a laminating pouch to give the idea that they're in a pond. I added a few bubbles here and there by pressing into the plastic with a ball tool and small circle stencil.


Here's a colouring guide for those who are interested in the mediums I used for my fish:


You'll be seeing these little fish again in a couple of days when I use them on my next project!

Stamps:

8 comments:

Suze said...

The fish look wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing your project with them.

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy these fish are gorgeous. I love them. I can't wait to see what you make with them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Colinda said...

Beautiful!!

terrie said...

Thanks for sharing your talent with us and those fishes are awesome.

Lori m said...

Absolutely gorgeous, hugs, Lori m

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is an amazing design. Love that you use laminate for the water.

Teresa said...

Your coloring on the fish is amazing! Really like all the ideas you used in this.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous fish and refreshing.x