Saturday, October 14

Everything Papercraft - Texture Paste


Borrowed from the world of decorative painting, texture paste is a substance that is usually mixed with acrylic paint to stiffen its consistency allowing it to hold a shape or form. In papercraft, it’s widely applied to surfaces through a stencil, which leaves a raised pattern that is further decorated or coloured once dry.

Here is a recipe for making your own texture paste at home:
2 parts acrylic paint
2 parts talc (or cornflour)
1 part PVA glue
Mix together thoroughly and store in an air-tight container.

4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for this Beccy great idea one I will try x

Lynne said...

Thanks Bec. I must give it a try.

Gail said...

I will try this!
I also have a glitter texture paste.
Can glitter be added to this?

Beccy said...

Hi Gail.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't add in some glitter... or even some ink to give it colour.
Cheers,
Beccy