Friday, July 8

Appearing From The Shadows

I wanted to make the rat wizard look as though he was appearing from the shadows, lit only by the burning candle and glowing orb. To give that illusion, I added a little of the light green to the underside of the rat, as though it's coming from the orb. Then I added some of the yellow to the tips of his ears and along the top portion of his body as if lit from the candle above. I think the contrast between the black background and the light yellows and greens really gives the scene an eerie feel.


Stamps:

8 comments:

Teresa said...

The coloring on here! This is great!

Sandra H said...

This is stunning

Gail said...

A wonderful card - how cool is this! TFS

NanaConnie said...

Fabulously done, Becky! Really wish you had done a tutorial on this one. Maybe you'll do another version of it, this time with step by step photos??

Loretta said...

He is beautiful! You are amazingly talented. Nice work.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AWESOME Beccy
Faith x

KathyA. said...

Okay... I am going to say this once, and only once. Your errie rat looks great! (And, I think if would have been one of the few critters that my sweet mom would NOT have allowed one of her brood to keep because he was "lost.")

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW I love your depiction AND the stamps!