Saturday, December 21

Something Frosty

At this time of year in Australia, we look forward to something frosty at the end of a long, hot day. Whether a frozen softdrink, chilled juice, icy cold beer or a fabulous frosty cocktail complete with sweet, fresh strawberries... as long as it's good and cold.


I created the background with light-coloured alcohol markers in the same colour families as the ones I used for the image. Blending solution helped to give a mottled look where the different colours meet and blend.

Stamps:

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy what a fantastic card. I do love a cocktail. But right now being so cold I would rather have a fancy hot chocolate. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Liz said...

Brilliant card, I love the background you've created for the beautiful image. I agree with Jackie, a hot chocolate would be a much better drink in the UK today, preferably topped with whipped cream and marshmallows. 😊 xx

terrie said...

It's kinda cold here in New England East Coast but when summer comes around this cocktail would be awesome....great looking card, great color combo.

Lori m said...

Fantastic card, we have snow and cold, getting warmer today, still.....anything frosty and cold to me is a winner.Hugs, Lori m

Teresa said...

Yum---that would be great out by the pool! Refreshing.