Wednesday, April 3

Tutorial: Background Stamping


Background stamping is a great way to ensure that your design is coordinated and harmonious, with the added benefit of being simple to achieve. The best way to create your own backgrounds is to use mediums, images and colours from the main image but in a more subtle way.


I'm using the same stamp on my background as I did on my focal image, but without the colour. I've stamped the entire background with blue ink, which I'll also use as a watery paint to fill in around each of the chickens.


Now I'm using the same ink and the same technique to add a little colour around my focal image. This will help tie in with the background I created.



Stamps:

6 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Beccy, a stunning card, love the fancy new chickens shakin' their tail feathers... have a wonderful week... Megan

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy this is a stunning card I love the background you have created. Those chickens are fabulous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Donna Ellis said...

fantastic tutorial, Beccy, and a great way of using stamps to their fullest!

Teresa said...

What a neat way to do the background!

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful! I really like the crazy chicken so much.
The colours are also great...
Best wishes!
Ilse (thera)

Gail said...

Fabulous background and like the matching front as well - TFS