Sunday, February 17

Choosing Colours

Choosing the colours for your project is sometimes the most difficult part of designing the card. Generally, I begin by deciding on what papers or embellishments I'd like to add to the finished project, which then informs my choice of colours. In this case I've used a fabulously bright paper pad from Doodlebug Design called "Fun In The Sun". It makes me think of vacations and tropical beaches... perfect for caravan holidays!


I have colour charts for my pencils and markers, which makes it much easier to choose colours. Many companies, including Copic and Prismacolor have free, downloadable colour charts that you can use for reference. Simply Google "copic chart" or "prismacolor chart" or whatever medium you own and you should see lots of free printable charts.

Stamps:

5 comments:

Deanne Saunders said...

Yes! That's exactly how I choose my colors too!! Start with the patterned paper and then use the colors in my image!!

terrie said...

Great tip on the pattern paper to do it first then color your image...tfs

Teresa said...

I started to do awhile ago and it makes it easier for me! Great tip!

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy I have a few colour combinations that I find easier to use so I usually start with the colouring and then match the rest of the project to the image. Sometimes I work the other way round. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jackie T said...

Oh Beccy your cards are gorgeous. Your colouring is just amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie