Wednesday, February 24

Keepsake Box and Card

Baby Shower Time!!!
My brother and his partner are expecting their first child in early April, the first new baby in our family for quite a number of years. We are all gearing up for the happy arrival, with baby shower preparations well underway, and everyone frantically shopping for the perfect gift to give the new family. Being a crafter, I decided to make something that I thought would be useful as well as fitting in with the theme of their nursery.
My sister-in-law has decided to go with cute teddy bears and elephants, which I'm sure you've guessed by now, so in keeping with the theme I designed this cute little group of friends.
The keepsake box is painted with acrylic paints and then sealed with matt varnish to protect it from wear and tear. The image on the card has been coloured with water based colours and a paint brush.... isn't it interesting how different they look?

1 comment:

JoanneK said...

What an adorable gift set!!!! I love your drawing, perfect for the theme!!! Bet everyone is excited about the new family member arriving soon!!!