Saturday, October 15

Card Toppers


The images from the Cozy Christmas set are a great size and shape for complete card toppers, which is especially handy for those of us who enjoy creating clean and simple cards. You can resize the images for bigger or small cards, and there's also the option of using the pre-coloured versions if you're in a bit of a hurry.


You can easily print the images onto a card blank, add some colour (or print the coloured version), and you have a one layer card. Just keep in mind that some colouring mediums, such as alcohol markers, may show through the cardstock making them unsuitable for a one layer card.


I've opted to create three individual card toppers rather than a one layer card. This means I don't have to worry about any of my markers bleeding through to the back of the cardstock.


I used alcohol markers to colour each image, adding a little bit of white pen to Santa's beard and hat for some added texture.


Next, I fussy cut the images leaving a tiny white border around the edges. As you can see, I also removed the extra cardstock from inside the candy cane frame, which will allow the background to show through.


I chose to mount the Santa image on silver mirror cardstock, which coordinated with the silver pen I used on the frame.


The moose image has been mounted on gold cardstock to match the gold pen I used on the bells.


For the snowman image, I embossed a piece of white cardstock with a dotted texture rather than using mirror cardstock, which gives the impression of snow falling.


Stamps:

4 comments:

Colinda said...

Beautiful cards!

Margreet said...

They are gorgeous, Beccy! Love them!
xxx Margreet

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous Beccy.
Faith x

terrie said...

Fantastic cards and inspirations using these fun images....
I have them and looking forward in using them too.....TFS