Tuesday, August 9

Hot Tip Tuesday


Upcycling and recycling are popular in the papercraft world. Not many of us can resist re-using the beautiful ribbons from chocolate boxes, re-purposing the acetate from packaging or harvesting the chipboard backing from notebooks. Another great source for upcycled elements are the fabulous gift bags that are available in most stores. They come in a huge range of colours and finishes including metallics, embossed, glossy and glittered. Open the bag by unfolding the bottom section and you have enough paper for backgrounds, paper strips or die cuts.

2 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Great idea, Beccy! I have done this with a holographic gift bag to make die-cuts - it worked great! The bag was in bad shape so I was happy to salvage it. I enjoy recycling and repurposing - in fact I just recycled an old calendar page on my blog today! Hello and hugs from Canada!

terrie said...

Such a great idea....thanks for sharing it