Saturday, September 19

Spooky Tag

It's only in the last few years that Halloween has really gained popularity here in Australia, which means I don't have a lot of decorations come October 31st. Each year I've been slowly adding to my collection with a combination of purchased items and a few homemade projects. This year, I made a spooky tag to hang off a fabulous big key I bought somewhere in my travels.


I used the long sentiment from the Witch Starter Kit set, printed on plain card stock and then distressed with paints, water and ink. I separated a length of twine so that it would be thin enough to pass through a needle, then sewed the printed card stock onto a piece of black card... à la Frankenstein's monster.

Stamps:

11 comments:

Suze said...

It isn't really a thing here either. There are some decorating items available in Dollar Type shops but craft items are hard to come by. I love how you did this tag and it goes perfectly with that key - what a find.

Leanne said...

WOW, I love it.

Bunny said...

This is really cute. [Bunny]

Lori m said...

Awesome tag and Halloween designs, hugs, Lori m

Donna Ellis said...

How fabulous with those intense colors! Your tag really looks great, Beccy! The set is darling! hugs, de

Beccy said...

Thank you Donna! Thanks also for letting me know about the issue in the store... you were right about the product not being visible. All good now though.
Cheers,
Beccy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is fabulous an amazing result.
Faith x

terrie said...

Beccy, you did an awesome job on your tag...well done and TFS

Gina said...

Hhmmm... certainly Spooky Beccy ! Love the text ! Creative regards, Gina

Teresa said...

Looks great!

Sandra H said...

Fabulous x