Impressing images into velvet using heat has been around for centuries. Most of the manufacturing processes use metal to deboss the designs, but for those of us at home wanting to try this technique, bold rubber stamps and a dry iron work almost as well.
Acetate or rayon velvet
Dry iron set to the hottest temperature
Spray bottle filled with water
Rubber stamps (DO NOT USE CLEAR STAMPS)
Piece of muslin or calico
1. Place your stamp face up on a Teflon sheet.
2. Lay the velvet, right side down, over the stamp.
3. Lightly spray the velvet with the water bottle.
4. Lay the calico or muslin over the velvet.
5. Iron for about 30 seconds moving the iron around as you work.
IMAGE FROM THE INTERNET