Tuesday, September 17

A Rainbow of Colour

Silhouette stamps are perfect for adding multiple colours at the same time, and a simple way to do that is by using water based markers. Place your stamp on an acrylic block and then colour each area with a marker as though you're colouring an image. Make sure you hit every part of the stamp with colour - placing a piece of white paper underneath your work will help you see where you've placed the ink.


I like to mix colours directly on the stamp. Generally, I start with the lightest colour and then tap or stroke in the darker colour to whatever area I like. There's no need to fuss a lot with this technique, just enjoy!


It doesn't take too long to build up a healthy stack of coloured images ready to be made into cards.


Stamps:

7 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

So pretty. I use the same technique so I guess I'm doing something right...haha The corner dies are beautiful!

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy this is a stunning card. You know I never thought of doing this with stamps. I really must give is a try. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Teresa said...

Pretty!

Anne Buckingham said...

Fabulous! I had seen the stamps and wasn't sure what to do with them. You have inspired me. Thank you.

terrie said...

A very pretty card and a great technique...tfs

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful colours.