Friday, June 21

Alcohol Lift

I love alcohol lift ink, not only is it a cool and arty technique, but you also end up with two images for the effort of one!

I started with the card on the right, which has an alcohol ink background on glossy, synthetic card. The lift ink was applied to the large, solid stamp from the eucalyptus set, and stamped over the alcohol ink background. The lift ink activates the alcohol ink, allowing it to be picked up by the stamp and transferred to a second piece of card stock, which is the card on the left.


Stamps:
Eucalyptus
clear stamps

9 comments:

Suze said...

I had never heard of this technique before but I'm really impressed with your cards. Love the idea of getting two cards from one!

Nancy Soetaert said...

Lovely work!

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy what a wonderful technique. I love the cards you have made. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Teresa said...

So pretty!

terrie said...

Two great looking cards...need to look into this alcohol lift ink...tfs

Colinda said...

What a fun tecnique!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Stunning! xoxo

AndreaH said...

Where do you get the lift ink from or am I being thick here lol. Love your 2 cards. X

Beccy said...

Hi Andrea. I believe it's a product from Tim Holtz and Ranger... so anywhere you can find their other products.
Cheers,
Beccy