Sunday, March 27

Card 12 of 12

The little embellishments I've been using are actually made up of three layers of the same image, joined with pieces of foam tape to give a 3D effect.  I managed to get the layers apart so I could add a couple of magnets to form the closure for my card.



Woohoo!  Twelve cards done and the challenge is complete!


There's a little story behind this card fold....
A lovely lady named Barbara found a card that she really wanted to try on a disused blog.  After emailing the blog owner with no success, she dropped me a line with a link (click here if you're interested) to see if I'd ever seen a fold like it, which I hadn't.  There wasn't a lot of information to go on, but together we managed to figure out something that we thought looked like the original.  Enough for us anyway!

11 comments:

Kath said...

Well done on completing your challenge and producing some beautiful cards.
Kath x

Gail said...

A beautiful card so pretty--I clicked on the link and read the post several times but I have no idea how to make this card- could you post some instructions. Thanks.

Conny said...

I have enjoyed your cards. They have been new inspitation. Thank you for sharing. Conny
connyssyslerier.blogspot.dk

Teresa said...

Pretty card and how neat to have figured it out!

Donna said...

Beccy I've been following your personal challenge although I haven't had much time to comment lately. You've done a beautiful job of showcasing the lovely stamps. Thanks for sharing these with us. Happy Easter!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the fold.

terrie said...

I love this card it turned out really nice...
Thank you for sharing your ideas on how to use these postal style stamps....well done on all of them

Aimeslee Winans said...

Way to hang in there and just git-er-dun! lol Congrats! I've seen that flap before, not often at all, but it's simply a vertical version of a belly band clasp on a gatefold or fold-out card. I've been seeing quite a few European card makers pushing the envie on these folds. May have come from there. xoxo

loz said...

Beautiful card and design Beccy..Loz

Olga Fink said...

Beautiful card! all your cards are so inspiring! and congratulations on completing your personal challenge! I hope you understand that your mojo never left you!
you are very inspiring!
xoxo Olga

Pippa said...

I've been away so just catching up. What a fantastic card to finish the collection and well done on completing the challenge and on the beautiful cards.