Thursday, March 1

Meet My Designers

I am so excited to introduce you to the two lovely ladies who will be sharing their work and inspiring you with their creativity over the coming months.  Viv and Rach have very different, very distinct styles when it comes to their paper crafting but both are very talented and have an obvious passion for what they do.

Here's a little bit about them:

Vivien Hodge
Hi, my name is Vivien Hodge and I live in the U.K.  I have been making cards and wire jewellery for about 10 years now.  Retired.... I turned 60 this year (oh my!) happily married for 41 yrs this year.  We have three wonderful grown up children (now all happily married also) and one very new grandson and another expected shortly.  My husband is also into crafts and makes lovely things out of wood.  I got into card making when I watched QVC and saw Dawn Bibby making cards, and thought..... I could do that.  Little did I realise what an addiction it would be and I now have my own craft room overflowing with 'stuff'!
I like to make quite simple cards using digital images, rubber stamps, etc.  I love my Cuttlebug, Copic Markers, Promarkers and I love using distress inks.  I often make a bookmark to match a card or sometimes an envelope.
I look forward to joining Beccy as a design team member, she is such a talented lady and what an honour to be chosen by her.



Rach Ashby 
Hi Crafters.  I’m Rachael & very pleased to become part of the DT at “Beccy’s Place”….I have been crafting for about 12 years and have enjoyed it immensely.   I had gone to a craft & quilting show with my mum and had seen all these ladies going crazy over papers.  I  asked a lady what it was all about and she directed me to a Creative Memories stall.  From there on I was hooked on “Scrapbooking”…. then came OTP products, then cards….
My mum got me interested in a card and stamping group in Queensland called Stampin’ Daze, making ATC’s and cards.   The ladies in the group are just wonderful and I fly up there every now & then to join them.
My favourite techniques are using Alcohol Inks, Distress Inks, and I have just discovered UTEE.  The style I love is Vintage/Steampunk, I use a lot of dull greens, browns & creams.  At the moment I’m loving Kaisercraft, Bo Bunny, and Graphic 45 papers.
Happy crafting
Rachael

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Congrats Beccy and a warm welcome to Viv and Rach. I look forward to seeing what they create with your wonderful images.

Teresa said...

Welcome Viv and Rach!