Tuesday, September 22

Candy Borders

An effective and relatively simple way to add some pizazz to a Christmas card is with a candy cane border. There are several ways to achieve this look, and I'd like to show you the method I prefer.


Start off by stamping your main image in whatever position you prefer.


Next, use a pencil to sketch in your border. Keep the two lines parallel, but don't worry if they aren't perfectly straight and evenly spaced... a little imperfection adds character to your card. Once you're happy, add in some dividers for the different coloured sections keeping them relatively even in spacing.


Colour your candy border with markers. Once the ink is completly dry, rub out the pencil lines. I find using the pencil first helps to prevent any bleeding between the outline pen and the markers, regardless of whether I'm using alcohol or water-based pens.


Now outline your candy border with black pen, including the lines between the colours. Adding the black pen last also allows you to "clean-up" any little wobbles you might have had with the colouring.



Products:

No comments: