Tuesday, January 23

The Age Old Question...

Gravy or Tomato Sauce?

I'm from a generation where hot chips (fries) were wrapped in unprinted newspaper and shared communally with the whole family, usually outside, by the beach, and with a few pieces of battered flake (shark). Since the chips were shared, the argument was always about what sauce was going to be added. Mum, Dad, and my sister preferred salt and vinegar (quite a punch in the mouth), and my brothers liked tomato sauce (ketchup). I however, was, and still am, a gravy girl!


I coloured the above image in tribute to the delicious, and superior, mix of savoury gravy and hot crispy chips. Sadly, the contrast is lacking, which meant my mouth-watering gravy had to become ordinary, run-of-the-mill tomato sauce.



Digital Stamps:

5 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Beccy, the local chips were varied, the chicken shop were crispy and with chicken salt, the takeaway place had what can only be described as slightly soggy, I am a tomato sauce girl though. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Freubelmina said...

nice to read about your childhood nostalgia... how beautifully you edited the fries and made beautiful card from them Beccy xx

Lori m said...

Oh, the memories, I'm a ketchup gal, although from time to time, I enjoy other toppings, hugs, Lori m

Donna Ellis said...

what a cute story, Beccy, and fantastic digi set! Thanks for sharing your memories! hugs, de

Bunny said...

I am a mustard and mayo girl for the fries.....or, BBQ sauce. Love it. [Bunny]