Sunday, June 21

Digi Know-How

You don't need expensive software or photo editing programs to use digital stamps. I personally open all my digital files in Microsoft Word, which I'm familiar with and find easy to use. For this card, I opened one of the images from A Drover's Life, resized it to 9cm in height and then played around with the picture editing tools that are right inside the program. I started by changing the colour to blue and then added an artistic effect called line drawing, which made the image look as though it had been coloured with a pencil.


Stamps:


8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Thanks for this comment on altering digi's - I must play with mine more. I use Libre Office share ware, but I am sure I could get some fun effects if I 'played' with it.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

KathyA. said...

Beccy, This is one of the neatest cards EVER! I use Word, too! But haven't tried the line drawing artistic effect yet. Going to give that a try! TFS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super idea to use the tools Beccy, a Super resulting card.
Take care
Faith x

Gail said...

Great tip Beccy --- I use word to open up and print digitals but have not used the tools you mentioned - thanks for sharing!

Jackie T said...

Hi Beccy this is a stunning card. I used Microsoft Publisher to edit images and add backgrounds. I find it very easy to use. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KT Fit Kitty said...

That looks so cool, Beccy! I need to do some more playing in Word, as I have not used the artistic effects before, thank you! Gorgeous card! I love this set you used!

Mel C said...

Fun colors and nice manly card, great ideas!

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS card and COOL technique!

... I NEED to have a play :)