Sunday, July 22

Stamped Cushion

Every now and then I feel the need to handle something other than paper or cardboard, which is when I drag out the textiles or the paints or clay...  I'm sure a lot of you can relate to what I'm saying!  Anyway, I just happen to have a couple of metres of "grubby" calico, hand-dyed by a lovely lady who has a gorgeous little shop at Old Petrie Town - well worth a visit if you are ever in that area of Brisbane.  I used some beautiful Prima stamps, inked up with black StazOn, to add the images to the fabric, which actually stamped a great deal easier and clearer than I thought it would.  I coloured here and there with my copic markers being very careful to colour well within the lines to give the ink room to bleed across the fabric.  A couple of turns in the sewing machine, a length of cotton lace and voila, one pincushion!

8 comments:

Sue said...

this is beautiful Beccy, I've never tried stamping of fabric before but after seeing this I may give it a go
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
Hugs Sue

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, how delightful! I've never thought of using Stazon on fabric.....how clever are you?! Beautiful result.....will be giving this a try!

Unknown said...

Beccy what a fabulous pincushion it's super we'll done Hugs Elaine

Scottish Nanna said...

OH Beccy I love your pincushion Its very Pretty It is the prrfect for someone that does sewing.
Hugs Mary.xx

loz said...

Fantastic stamping Beccy..Loz

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow, this is beautiful Beccy! Stazon, copics and calico instead of paper, sounds easy but I can only image what mine would look like, I have a hard enough time stamping on paper without getting ink everywhere lol. Love your cushion!
hugs
glenda

Viv said...

Oh Beccy it's so lovely, is there no end to your talents! I don't stamp on fabric but I did draw at the top on a plain white blind a while ago. I copied the pattern of out large tiles in the bathroom, swirls mostly in blue then did a bit of colouring of some.Good to try new ideas as you say :) Viv xx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Beccy.

Hugs Riet.xx