1. We'll be making a square card today so start with a piece of cardboard measuring 51/2" x 11". Score in the centre and fold.
2. With the card facing you, take the top right hand corner of the card front and fold it down to the bottom left corner as shown in the picture below. Press the fold firmly with a bone folder or scoring tool.
3. Adhere a contrasting piece of cardstock measuring 5" x 5" to the centre inside of the card. Alternatively, you could use a piece of patterned paper.
4. Adhere a 41/2" x 41/2" piece of cardstock to the front diagonal piece of cardstock, taking care to keep the adhesive only on the sections you are joining - be careful not to glue your card closed (says the voice of experience!)
5. Decorate a piece of cardstock measuring 4" x 4". You should use a design or image that can be viewed either vertically or horizontally as the front of the card will pivot when the card is opened. Notice how I have stamped my sentiment sideways on the right hand side. If you look at the card when it is opened (bottom picture) you will notice that the sentiment is now the right way up!
copyright Beccy Muir 2012