Wednesday, June 1

Tutorial - Accordion Cards


Accordion cards are based on a concertina of cardstock and are fairly simple to make. The one I'm showing you today is the most basic with just three folds, but you can make them as complicated as you like with as much folding as you wish.


1. I started with a 6" x 12" piece of cardstock. This will produce a folded card that measures 6" x 3".


2. Fold the cardstock in half and crease the seam with a bone folder or creasing tool.

3. Fold the top flap backwards on itself, lining up the edge with the spine of the previous fold.


4. Flip the card and repeat for the other side. Crease all the folds.


5. You should now have a concertina of cardstock that forms the basis of your accordian card.


6. Decorate each section as desired.

12 comments:

Teresa said...

Thank you for the directions--you card is really pretty!

Jennie said...

I love your idea for listing the different card folds and what a great idea to have directions for them.

Jacee said...

Great tut Becky and a lovely card.
Hugs Jacee

KarinsArtScrap said...

thank you beccy, and a great card.

greetings karin

Cely said...

omigosh. your artwork is unbelievable! and i LOVE your tutorials! it's now 2am (hawaii time) and i just spent all night going through all of your posts! LOL, thanks for all the knowledge i absorbed during my insomnia. i'm now your newest follower!

http://hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com

camcraft said...

Thank you so much for a fab. technique class. Just love your finished card, it inspired me to have a go .. don't use many folds in my cards, so this has being a nice change indeed. My card can be seen Here
Carole

Teresa Arsenault said...

You can see my accordian card at http://tickellexpressions.blogspot.com/2011/06/beccys-place.html, featuring Beccy's Place images. Please consider becoming a follower of my blog.

CJ said...

Thnk u Beccy. Am new to card making unaware of the folds in the card. Was just searching n accidentally landed on ur blog. Wow....
Thnks for taking time out to post these tutorials. Will try all the card folds. Thnk u once again.

Auntie Em said...

Great tutorial! I like the way you made the card with the black background and the deep fushia embossed panels to set off your pretty image.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Tarah DeMerchant said...

I am loving these tutorials on various cards! I might have to see if I can make them all..lol

Unknown said...

Thank you for your fantastic blog. I've been making cards for about a year and am really enjoying it - I get such a buzz out of giving them to people. So I appreciate the help on your blog and the easy instructions. Cheers...........Karen

Unknown said...

Thank you for fantastic card designs and instructions!!!!!!!