Saturday, March 18

JayDee (free pattern)

Aside from card making, I also love working with felt, and one of my favourite activities is hand stitching cute little animals and tiny toys. This little guy, named JayDee, is made from craft felt and stands only 6" high. It really didn't take too long to cut him out and stitch him up... definitely achievable in an afternoon!
If you're interested, I've included my hand-drawn pattern at the bottom of this post.


All the pieces, cut out and ready to stitch and stuff.

Some assembly still required.

The arms and legs are attached with buttons and unwaxed dental floss. 

 Feel free to make one of your own.

8 comments:

ike said...

OMGoodness - what an adorable little guy :-D Just super. Thank you very much for the pattern - I definitely might try this :-D xxxxxxxxxxx

Leanne said...

Super cute...love him...xx

Fikreta said...

oh its so sweet !

Teresa said...

You do such neat work. So cute. I may try to do this with my grandchildren one day. Thank you.

Gail said...

Super super cute! Nice job on this!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Beccy, this is just TOO cute! I have a grand-nephew due in June and I'm going to make one of these in blue. Thanks so much for the fabulous idea!

CherylQuilts said...

Beccy, I love teddy bears, and this one is so very darling! I love her, and thanks for the pattern. Pinned it too! Hugs!

terrie said...

The stuff toy is adorable...you did an awesome job putting it together.....tfs