Diaper fold pouches are not cards in the traditional sense of the word, but they are fun to create and if you're looking for something different to send to someone, then they are the perfect little project.
1. Start with a large square of sturdy, double-sided paper. It doesn't really matter what size you choose since this card isn't made based on measurements (isn't that nice for a change??). For those of you who like to have an idea of size, I used an 9" square.
2. Fold the paper diagonally, corner to corner and press the crease firmly.
3. Use a grid mat with a diagonal guide line to find the centre of your folded paper. Mark the centre with a small pencil line.
4. Bring the top corner of the paper down to the mark you made in step three and crease firmly.
5. Unfold. The crease you created in step 4 will form the guide line for the next couple of steps.
6. Bring the right hand corner into the middle, lining up the edge of the paper with the crease line you created earlier. Do the same for the left hand corner.
7. Trim down the two points so that they fit together without overlap. This helps to reduce bulk and keeps the pocket sitting nicely. Secure them with some double sided tape or glue.
8. Bring the top flap down over the two corners and secure with double sided tape or glue. You've now created the pouch.
9. Cut a square of cardstock or sturdy double sided paper to fit inside your pocket. Stamp it with an appropriate sentiment and decorate as desired. Have fun!
All instructions and images are copyright Beccy Muir 2013.
All rights reserved.