Wednesday, May 9

Tutorial - Centre Step Cards


My good friend Penny taught me how to make these wonderful centre step cards that stand up beautifully for display.  You can make these cards in lots of different shapes and sizes by altering the measurements and fold placements, but I'm going to show you using the same measurements that Penny showed me.


template copyright Beccy Muir 2012
CLICK THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE

1. Start with a piece of cardstock measuring 12" x 6".  Using the template (above) measure and mark your folding and cutting lines.


2. Use a craft knife or a trimmer to cut along the cut lines.  Score along each of the fold lines. 

3. Use the fold guide to fold along all the score lines you made earlier.
template copyright Beccy Muir 2012
CLICK THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE




4.  All that's left now is the embellishing!  I adhered my main image on the centre panel then added some co-ordinating patterned paper on the two side panels and across the bottom.  Some strips of punched white card, a few adhesive pearls and a sentiment stamp finished it all off.  

22 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, so elegant....

Merry said...

That is such a great style card and love your sweet peas....beautiful colouring.

Unknown said...

Beccy , fabulous shape card lovely main image well done , Thank you for the turorial Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tut Beccy...it sure is easy to do...♥

BlueCat said...

Thank you very much for the tut.

doodlingdebbie said...

Beccy, I love this! Would you mind if I made a cutting file of this one? You have so many wonderful card making ideas and I appreciate every creative idea you share.

I wanted to add, your cards all look so perfect. I hope some day I get this good.

loz said...

Gorgeous card and tutorial Beccy..Loz

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Beccy, very elegant! Thanks for the tutorial!

Beccy said...

Hi Debbie. I don't mind at all if you make a cutting file for this card. It's very generous of you to provide resources for people to use.
Cheers,
Beccy

Ywonne said...

Wow... that card is beautiful !
I have borrowed your template... going to give the card a try :O)

Have a great day !

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I wanted to know how to make this as soon as I saw it. Its a beaautiful card.
Sue

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I love the flowers. Thanks for the tutorial and template.

JustMaxine55 said...

Incredible card! Thanks for sharing!

doodlingdebbie said...

Thank you Beccy. I will get to work on the cutting file. I hope the Silhouette cutting machine users love your card as much as I do. You are awesome!

Лена-Лена said...

Спасибо за подробное объяснение! У меня ещё одна открыточка такой формы появилась! http://wwwmasteruschki.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-post_6179.html

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, great colouring. GREAT Job! love it!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is perfect for Mother's Day and so many other occasions

Angela Westland Australia said...

What I did was using double sided tape was to stick a 12 inch x 6 inch of coordinating scrapbooking paper to the cardstock before measuring and cutting out - once cut and folded it give a more finished product and was no trying to cut paper to fit sides after I made the card as it is all covered exactly, even the back of the card as well. I really love this template and am sure I will use it over and over again. Thank you so very much.

theras kartenblog said...

wow - absolutly wonderful!
Thank you for your ideas.
Ilse (thera)

pam said...

The best site ever . Instructions so clear. Thank you

karin said...

Beccy, that's great to see now pictures of the card folds!
I have sometimes a peek here for inspiration 😉🙂
Thanks for it.
Karin

Susan said...

Hi Beccy, Thanks for posting an easy step card. I have a hard time with math and this one is easy for me. Its 2023 so you posted this one a while back. Glad it's still available. Thanks again