1. With your compass and pencil (or circle template) draw a circle in the centre of one piece of cardstock. The circle should be no more than 3 3/4" in diametre. Draw a number of radiating spines out from the centre of the cardstock to the edges. These should be no less than 1/4" in diametre and should be relatively evenly spaced. Don't worry about getting these perfect, it doesn't matter too much, however you do need to ensure that you have an even number of spines.
3. From the second piece of cardstock, cut five 12" x 1/2" strips. Ink the edges all the pieces if desired. RESERVE THE REMAINDER.
4. With the base flat on the table, fold all the spines up toward the centre of the basket.
5. Choose a spine as your starting point, anywhere is fine. Add a thin piece of double sided tape no longer than 1/2" to the outside of the spine as shown in the picture below.
6. Adhere one of the long strips to the piece of double sided tape as shown. Since I am right handed I find it easier to work to the right, but you may want to do it in reverse if you are left handed.