September Challenge

The September Challenge is now up and running! Create a card or paper craft project using any Beccy's Place image and upload your creation before midnight on the 30th of September (AEST). Click here for all the details on how to enter.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Baby Shower Cake

Nappy (Diaper) Cake
Tomorrow is the day of the big baby shower for my sister-in-law! I have wrapped the keepsake box and matching card I shared in an earlier post, along with some baby clothes and a scrapbook album that I made for the baby. But I felt I needed something pretty to decorate the gift table with...

The "cake" is actually made from rolled up disposable nappies that are arranged to look like a three tier cake. It was so much fun to do and really quite easy once I worked out that I needed elastic bands to keep each nappy rolled until the ribbon was tied in place. Now I'm thinking about all the other "cakes" I can make... maybe tea towels for a house warming, or face washers, towels, or even t-shirts!

1 comment: