Pop-Up Book Cards are display cards that are best viewed when standing open. The inner portion of the card pops up to resemble the pages of an open book, then folds down again when the card is closed.
1. Start with two 6" x 12" pieces of cardstock. (I used a piece of 12" x 12" double-sided kraft cardstock, cut it up the middle and turned one piece over.)
2. Score one of the pieces at 6" and fold in half. This will form the outside of your card.
3. Decorate the front as desired then set aside. (I used patterned papers, ribbon, stamps, a border punch, die cuts and a water coloured image for the front of my card.)
4. Using the template above, cut and score your second piece of cardstock. (Note: the dashed lines are score lines and the solid lines are cut lines)
5. Fold along the score lines as shown in the pictures below. Make sure you press each fold firmly to get a nice sharp crease.
6. Decorate the cardstock as desired. (I used patterned papers, die cuts and stamps.)
7. Turn the piece of cardstock over and add double sided adhesive as shown in the photo below. Do not add adhesive to the centre section or over any of the creases.
8. Working with one side at a time, secure the inside section of the card to the outside of the card matching the top, bottom and side edges. Repeat on the other side and your card is done!
Photographs and written instructions are copyright Beccy Muir.
All rights reserved.