Thursday, January 31

Card Making Classes

My friend Penny has done a couple of the online card making classes given by Jennifer McGuire and thoroughly enjoyed them.  I signed up for Clean and Simple 2, which started a couple of days ago and is basically the art of simple, well designed cards that feature lots of stamping.  Our day one project was to make a card inspired by one of the sketches they posted on the lesson plan, and this is the card I came up with.
 
 
I've decided to use the class to get a good head start on my Christmas cards... yes, I realise it's only January but I truly need a BIG head start!  I really enjoyed using the techniques explained in the class and had a wonderful time rediscovering some of the old stamps that have been hiding in my stash for years!

11 comments:

Viv said...

Stunning CAS card Beccy!

Unknown said...

Really like this Beccy. Never too early to start Christmas Cards and discover our hidden stamps. luv annie

Teresa said...

Very nice!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! What a great idea to get a head start on Christmas. Love the design and layout of this one. Wish I had signed up for the class.

Debi said...

Love the black/red combo you used. Really great CAS card!

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty! It's a smart idea to make Christmas cards whenever you're inspired. :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous Beccy!...my kind of card :) Viv xx

Janice M said...

What a beauty! Love the pop of red.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Beccy! Nice to get a head start on the Christmas cards!

Ardilla said...

This is beautiful!
I always think I will do a Christmas card every week so I don´t have to rush in November, it´s great you atarted with this beauty!!!
Hugs,
Ardilla