Tuesday, July 26

Sea Shell Card

I decided to join in on the very first challenge over at Stampy Land, a lovely new blog I was referred to by one of the ladies at Card Camp. This week's challenge was to create a card with the theme "A Day At The Beach"... nice and easy and definitely do-able.




I used an old Stampin' Up stamp for the image and coloured it with distress inks, deepening the shadows and recesses of the shell with black ink. I layered up two of the images with foam tape to give extra dimension, then embossed and cut the rectangle with a Nestability. The white cardstock was embossed with a cuttlebug folder and I also added some machine stitching around the edge of the second mat. The sentiment is computer generated, printed on the card before stamping and colouring.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beccy what a lovely card. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the stitched edge around the blue mat. Thank you for playing along in our first ever Fri-DARE-day fun!!! Stampy Land Susan :)

Denise said...

Such a beautiful card - love the image and that sentiment is perfect.
Denise xx

Tami B. said...

I thought the card was beautiful at first glance but then I read the sentiment, and then it took my breath away.

Esther Asbury said...

Love your beautiful card -- especially since it has to do with the sea!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful beccy it's looks so real.

greetings karin

Crafty Loops said...

What a beautiful card. Ohhh I want to take a trip to the seaside now!! Lee x

Heather "Hev" said...

Stunning :)

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow Becca, Fabulous coloring. I love the embossed background. Very lovely card. TFSH.
Hugs.

Jacee said...

Love it Becky, simple and beautiful!
Hugs Jacee

Foxycrafts said...

Beautiful card. Very elegant.

Love Joan xx

Charlene said...

wow...this card is gorgeous!

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Wat een prachtige kaart is dit geworden.
Gr. Janny

Patti P. said...

Simply gorgeous in it's simplicity. Your coloring couldn't be more beautiful and what a fantastic quote....love that!